What is Medi-Share?
Medi-Share is a health care sharing program that enables Christians to share their financial resources to pay each other’s medical expenses. Operated by Christian Care Ministry, a 501(c)3 non-profit ministry, Medi-Share offers a proven biblical model for health care—Christians helping Christians! Since 1993, Medi-Share members have had more than $1.4 billion of their health care costs shared and discounted through the program. Medi-Share is about half the cost of insurance, and you can rest assured that your health care dollars will not be used for unbiblical procedures.
Biblically-based health care:
- None of your money goes to support unbiblical lifestyle choices like abortion or the “morning-after” pill.
- You will be part of a community of Christians dedicated to sharing one another’s burdens and praying for each other!
Exempt from penalties:
- As a member of Medi-Share, you’re exempt from the requirement to purchase health insurance or face penalties due to a special provision in the Affordable Care Act!
No Limits on Sharing:
- Members enjoy sharing of eligible medical bills with no sharing limits per person or per year!
- During the first month of membership, however, there is a $50,000 limit on sharing of eligible medical needs.
- Sharing is not by percentage responsibility, for example, 80/20 or 70/30—it’s at 100 percent for eligible bills once your Annual Household Portion has been met.
- Prescriptions are eligible for sharing (for a six-month period) if they are related to a new eligible illness, injury or accident.
- Members have access to prescription discounts which can help you save an average of 40 percent on all your medications – even if it is a medication you already take.
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) is one of the largest and strongest PPOs in the country!
- Using network providers saves Medi-Share members millions of dollars each year. However, you’re able to use any doctor, specialist or provider you want, even if they are not in the network! A penalty may apply for using a non-network provider.
Provider Fee (similar to a “copay” and paid at time of visit/procedure):
- $35 – for visits to a doctor or specialist or if you’re admitted to the hospital
- $135 – for an ER visit, if you’re not admitted to the hospital
- $0-cost, 24/7 access to doctors via phone or video who can diagnose conditions and prescribe medications
- Dental discounts of up to 60 percent on many dental procedures such as routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings, and major work such as dentures, root canals, and crowns
- Vision discounts of up to 30 percent off the retail price of eyewear
How Much Does Medi-Share Cost?
Unlike insurance, Medi-Share members don’t pay premiums. Instead, they deposit a monthly share amount, based on the program option they choose. When looking at pricing, you will see that the options are based on your choice of an Annual Household Portion (or “AHP”). The AHP is the portion of your own eligible medical bills (new injuries, new accidents and new illnesses) that you pay before eligible medical bills are processed for sharing. Once you have satisfied your AHP, any eligible medical bills for the remainder of the year in your household will be processed for sharing at 100 percent.
Again, thank you for exploring Medi-Share as an option for your health care needs. Please feel free to contact me with any follow-up questions you may have.